Artist, San Francisco, CA
California based portrait and figure artist. Using pen, pencil, and watercolor to create her artwork.
Creating visual works of art, specifically ink drawings, have always been a part of my life. Since I was a young girl I’ve had a paintbrush in my hand and using anything as my canvas. I experimented with different types of artwork—abstraction, impressionism, realism, figure drawing. Then I played around with different mediums, like watercolor, oil paints, pencil, and ink. This gives me a broad experience in multiple mediums and styles of artwork. I worked this way until I found my style and mediums that I love to use.
My style of drawing uses ink pens, pencil, and watercolor to make my portraits and figure drawings. I work traditionally, putting my pen and paintbrush to either canvas or paper to create my works of art. I like to take on contemporary issues within my artwork but using traditional mediums. Black ink on white paper appeals the most to me because the high contrast of it. I want my viewers to be caught and attracted immediately to my work because it strikes the eye.
I fell in love with drawing the human figure and portrait. The emotion that you can capture in an expression or in a pose is what I want my viewers to feel when they view my artwork. I want someone to see the happiness, sadness, or pain that the figure is evoking in reality within my drawing. My purpose with art is to invoke emotion within the viewer through what they are seeing.
- Gallery Curator at Dominican University of California
- August 2016 – December 2016 San Rafael, CA
- Teachers Assistant at Edythe Bresnahan
- January 2016 – May 2017 Dominican University of California
- Volunteer Intern at Art Works Downtown
- January 2018 – Present San Rafael, CA
- Bachelor of Fine Arts at Dominican University of California
- August 2015 – Present San Rafael, CA
- Visual Literacy
- Critical Analysis
- Creative Thinker
- India Ink
- Figure Drawing
- 2015- Present
- Deans Honor Roll, Dominican University of California
- Unmasked at Art Works Downtown, San Rafael, CA
- RAW Artist Showcase at 1015 Folsom, San Francisco, CA